Information We Collect We may collect your personally identifiable information (“PII”), including but not limited to your name, email address and phone number, in connection with your registration through, use of, or inquiries about our website or our app, or through your use of the Service. We also obtain certain PII from third parties, including grant administrators and other partners. We are the data controller for all this information.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your information to provide and improve our Services, respond to and fulfill your requests, comply with applicable law, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law. We also use your information to improve our Services.
How We Share Your Information
We will not share your information with third parties except as necessary to provide our Services or fulfill your requests, as otherwise consented to by you, or as permitted by applicable law. Under certain circumstances, we act as the data processor of your information.
Security of Your Information
We maintain commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your information.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
You can opt to change your communication preferences, update your data sharing consents, and opt out of certain sharing of your information with third parties.
Access, Correction and Erasure of Your Information
We provide you the opportunity to access, correct, update and request erasure of your information.
If you are using the Service outside the U.S., we will transfer your information outside of your home country, to the U.S. or a third country. To protect your information, any such international transfers will be made in accordance with applicable law.
Changes to This Policy
You will be notified about any material changes to this Policy via a posting on our app and website, and as otherwise required by applicable law.
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us.
Notices to Residents of Certain Jurisdictions
Residents of certain countries may have additional rights.
Residents of California
Residents of EU/Switzerland
This policy covers how Very Real Help treats personal information that Very Real Help collects and receives, including via all related websites, networks, cookies, embeddable widgets, downloadable software, and mobile applications (including tablet applications), and other services provided by us and on which a link to this Policy is displayed (collectively, our “Services”). This includes information related to your past use of the Services, and information about you that is personally identifiable-such as your name, address, email address, IP address, phone number and avatar identity.
What Information Do We Collect?
We generally act as the data controller of your information. We collect the following types of information.
- Information You Provide. When you register for or use the Services, VeryRealHelp.com collects what is generally called “personally identifiable information,” “personal information,” or “personal data.” All these terms refer to information that specifically relates to or identifies a particular individual. Personal information also includes information that when linked to other information identifies a specific individual. When you register to use the Services, we ask for a limited amount of personal information, such as your name, selected username, and email address. When you sign into our Services, you are not anonymous to us. Very Real Help also collects information about your transactions with us, including information about your use of our Services.
- “Cookies” Information. When you use the Services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Services. Consult your device’s web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
- “Automatically Collected” Information. When you use the Services, you consent to having your sessions in the Environment recorded (”Environment Recordings”). In addition, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs” or APIs. This “automatically collected” information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Services, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Services, and the sessions you participate in while using the Services. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users.
- Environment Recordings. We collect and analyze a variety of information about your activities in the Environment, including
- information about your avatar and how you customize it;
- information about your physical movements,
- Information you report, such as what your “level” is; and
- social data, such as who you add to your friends list, what events you attend, who you interact with, and how close you stand to other people in the Environment.
- Location Information. If you use our Services, we may receive your generic location (such as city or neighborhood) or, with your consent, precise geographic location data from your mobile device when the app is running and when it is not running. We may, for example, receive this information when you are in proximity to certain beacons, choose to publish your location, or in your comments or communications with us. We may use and store this information to provide and improve features of our Services, for example, to tailor our Services in order to better facilitate your requests and to provide you more relevant information about callers.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information, including personal information, from third parties and sources other than the Service, such as our research partners or grant sponsors. If we combine or associate information from other sources with personal information that we collect through the Services, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
What Are the Legal Bases for Our Collection of Information?
We collect and process your personal data using one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a contract;
- Compliance with a legal obligation;
- Legitimate interest; and
- Your consent.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use the information we collect in a variety of ways in providing the Services and operating our business, including the following:
- We use the information that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Services, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users.
- We use the information that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- We may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information to: (i) personalize our Services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services; (ii) provide customized content and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Services; (iv) monitor aggregate website and mobile app usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any activities on the Services.
Sharing Or Disclosing Information
Information about our users and visitors is an important part of our business. We DO NOT sell or trade customer information. We share or disclose customer information only as described below. Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Services to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- We work with third party service providers that provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, data transmission, data processing, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. However, we limit the personal information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions. In addition, they agree by contract to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) as part of medical or behavioral research efforts, (ii) to monitor network traffic or activity in order to detect network intrusions and protect you, ourselves or others from malware, fraud, unlawful uses or other illegal activity, or (iii) compliance with various reporting obligations.
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state or federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies. In particular, some states require us by law to record and report information regarding the abuse of someone less than 18 years of age, or vulnerable or disabled adults, including persons over 60 years of age, or persons who are in danger of committing suicide. If you convey such circumstances, and provide information that could lead us to identify your name and location, we may have to record such information and provide it to the appropriate authorities.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information when we believe, in good faith, that disclosure is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others (including other users of the Services) from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Services or any facilities or equipment used to make the Services available, or (v) protect our property or legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information. VeryRealHelp.com also reserves the right to display targeted advertisements based on personal information.
Information Retention Policy
If you hold an account with Very Real Help, we do not delete the personal data in your account – you are responsible for and control the time periods for which you retain this data. However, except when we believe we are required to retain your personal information by law, we will only retain your personal information for two years after we become aware that you have ceased using the Services. We may not know if you have stopped using the Services, so we encourage you to contact us at support@VeryRealHelp.com if you are no longer using the Services. We may indefinitely retain other information that is de-identified or not personally identifiable for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate interest in doing so.
Your Rights Under GDPR
If you are a user of the Service in the European Union or certain other countries, your rights are governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
- You may access, change or delete personal information that you have provided or that we hold about you. If we change or delete your personal information or if you decline to actively share certain personal information with us, we may not be able to provide to you the Service or some of the features and functionality of the Service.
- You may request that we not disclose your personal information to third parties (other than those that are acting as our agent to perform tasks related to the Service on our behalf, such as data processors).
- You may withdraw consent to certain data sharing or usage or exercise any of these rights above by sending your request to us by email at Support@VeryRealHelp.com or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy.
- The right to data portability. This means that you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and that you have the right to transmit that data to another controller;
You have certain additional legal rights with regard to your information, including those identified below. Some of these rights may be subject to some exceptions or limitations. We will respond to your request to exercise these rights within a reasonable time (and in all cases within 30 days of receiving a request).
- The right to object to profiling; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (a list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm).
If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law. In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process personal information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
Very Real Help does not provide Services to or sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may not use the VeryRealHelp.com website, app or Services.
Confidentiality And Security
Very Real Help limits internal access to your personal information to employees who we reasonably believe require this information in order to do their jobs or to provide the Services to you. We use industry standard measures to help protect the integrity and security of personal information that we collect and maintain. You should be aware, however, that “perfect security” does not exist anywhere on the Internet. ALTHOUGH WE BELIEVE WE TAKE APPROPRIATE MEASURES TO SAFEGUARD AGAINST UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURES OF INFORMATION, WE CANNOT ASSURE YOU THAT YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OR COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE SERVICES WILL NEVER BE DISCLOSED IN A MANNER INCONSISTENT WITH THIS POLICY, AND MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SUFFICIENCY OF OUR SECURITY MEASURES. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice through the Services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
International Users and Data Transfers
The Services are hosted in the United States and is intended primarily for visitors and users located within the United States, although it can be accessed outside of the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, note that you are transferring and consenting to Very Real Help transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Notice to California Users
Under Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80 et seq., a user residing in the State of California has the right to request from us a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed personal information during the preceding year for direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose such information for marketing purposes, and so no such list exists. For questions about this policy, please contact us at support@VeryRealHelp.com. We do not obey Do Not Track signals from a user’s Internet browser. We make no representations concerning third parties that do not collect personal information directly through the Services. These disclosures are made under Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 22575.